A Closer Look into the Work of an Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)
Wednesday Aug 30th, 2017
What is an Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)? An Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) is a real estate sales representative who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing transactions, including home sales and purchases.
To earn our designation, we must successfully complete a series of educational courses on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
We also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, Chartered Professional Accountants and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources, organizations and services that cater to the needs of senior clientele.
Our mission is to help seniors and their families navigate any financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities set an ASA apart from other real estate professionals? Just like some realtors prefer to specialize in first-time buyers or investors, ASAs choose to work with seniors. As such, we display a number of different qualities that cater the real estate experience to suit the unique needs of our senior clients:
- We are knowledgeable, experienced and compassionate in dealing with seniors and the issues they face.
- We desire to work first and foremost with keeping the best interests of our senior client in mind.
- We can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- We offer a no-pressure approach with a strong commitment to service.
- We take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- We understand the emotional demands that seniors face during the home buying or selling process.
- We can tailor the marketing of a home to meet the needs of an older client.
- We easily interact with all generations, including seniors, adult children, grandchildren and caretakers.
- We are knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- We are connected with a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counselling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
The bottom line: As ASAs, we understand the needs of our senior clientele and approach each real estate transaction with expertise, care and patience.
Want to learn more? If you or a senior in your life is thinking of buying, selling or downsizing within Mississauga or the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), an ASA, such as myself, can offer specialized help to ensure a smooth real estate transaction.
To get in touch to discuss your needs, please contact me directly by clicking here.