Transportation Services for Seniors in Mississauga
Thursday Oct 19th, 2017Share
Aside from its many recreation and social activities, which we discussed in an earlier blog post, Mississauga also offers seniors a range of transportation services for those who are no longer able to drive or would prefer not to drive.
For seniors living in a retirement community, many residences will offer their own internal transportation system or have volunteers who are available to drive residents to appointments and outside activities.
But, for independent seniors who want to get around Mississauga on their own, there are many options, which I have outlined below:
• MiWay (Mississauga Transit) – MiWay offers seniors accessible public transportation along regularly scheduled routes, with single ride fares, $1 Senior Cash Fares during certain times, monthly passes, and five or ten ticket fares
• Greyhound Bus
• Private Taxi Companies
• TransHelp – Region of Peel’s accessible transportation service for residents with disabilities
• Accessible Transportation Coordination Office
• Trans Care – Low cost and senior-friendly transportation and escort services to medical appointments, other therapeutic programs and grocery shopping
• Private transportation for seniors – Many home care agencies provide transportation for all kinds of needs, plus in-home services if needed, for single events or a regular schedule
• Transportation Services for Seniors
• Personal Mobility Devices
• Canadian Red Cross Transportation Services - CrossWheels
• Seniors Ride Connect
Your Mississauga Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)
If you or someone you love needs the expertise of a compassionate and patient Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), please feel free to contact me, Deborah Clerk, Real Estate Sales Representative, ASA with Keller Williams Realty Solutions, Brokerage for more information.