Home Staging Tips To Sell Your Mississauga Home
Friday Dec 16th, 2022
I'm sure you've heard this before – when you sell your home, it's all about first impressions. And, just like a book, home buyers will judge your home by its cover – in-person and online.
One of the best ways to combat this reality is by investing time and energy into staging your home. Of course, you can hire a professional to get the job done, but most homeowners are eager to tackle this on their own using the pieces they already have. All it takes is creativity and a critical eye to make potential buyers feel like they could live in your home.
To get you started, here are 12 helpful styling tips to get your home in prime showing shape:
- Clear out your cupboards, closets and clutter.
- Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (kitchen, living room, primary suite, family room, etc.).
- Remove personal items in your home, like family photos and souvenirs.
- Put away large items, such as porcelains, plates and vases, to create more space.
- Water your grass and garden 30 minutes before an open house in the summer, as this will make your lawn sparkle.
- Do not cook anything that will leave an unpleasant aroma in your home.
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes for a welcoming atmosphere.
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home.
- Use mirrors to help smaller rooms look more open.
- Use as much natural light as possible by opening your curtains and blinds.
- Make minor repairs to leaky faucets and squeaking doors.
- Bring another set of eyes to help you catch something you may have overlooked.
Your Mississauga Real Estate Sales Representative
As an experienced realtor servicing the Greater Toronto Area for many years, I've made great connections with some of the city's best professional stagers that I like to refer my clients. For more information on staging and selling your home, don't hesitate to contact me, Deborah Clerk, Real Estate Sales Representative, ASA, at Keller Williams Realty, Brokerage, for your free home evaluation.