Questions to Ask When Hiring an Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)
Thursday Oct 19th, 2017
When choosing which Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) to work with, it’s important that you talk with each prospective realtor to see if they are a good fit for your needs. You not only want them to have the appropriate accreditations and professional experience to help you sell or buy your next home, but you also want them to have a good rapport, solid references and a kind, caring attitude.
Here are some questions to consider asking:
- How long have they worked in real estate?
- What did they do before pursuing real estate (i.e. professional history)?
- When did they earn their Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) designation?
- What drove them to specialize in working with senior citizens?
- How many clients similar to you have they worked with?
- Do they have references you can speak to?
- Which cities, regions or communities do they specialize in?
- Who is part of their professional network (i.e. Senior Move Managers, Certified Estate Specialists, Senior Care Experts, etc.)?
- If you are looking to transition into senior housing, are they affiliated with any retirement communities or other care options?
- Aside from being an Accredited Senior Agent (ASA), what other designation do they have?
- Are they part of any organizations that are relevant to your situation?
- Have they won any awards that you find to be relevant?
- If you are downsizing and selling your home, how will the agent market your listing?
- How much commission do they make?
- Any other questions that relate to your situation, concerns and needs.
The goal of these questions is to find a senior realtor where you feel heard and understood, so that you can transition into this next chapter with sound advice, knowledge and confidence.
Your Mississauga Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)
If you or someone you love needs the expertise of a compassionate and patient Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), please feel free to contact Deborah Clerk, Real Estate Sales Representative, ASA with Keller Williams Realty Solutions, Brokerage for more information.