Transportation Services for Seniors in Mississauga
Friday Jan 27th, 2023
As we age, factors, such as decreased vision, impaired hearing, slower motor reflexes, and health conditions, can cause seniors to have to hang up their keys for good. When living in a retirement community, many residences offer their own internal transportation system or have volunteers who are available to drive residents to appointments and outside activities. But, for independent seniors who still live at home and want to travel around Mississauga on their own, there are many transportation options available.
Mississauga Transportation Services for Seniors
The following companies and organizations provide transportation services for senior citizens in Mississauga:
- MiWay (Mississauga Transit) – MiWay offers seniors accessible public transportation along regularly scheduled routes with various fare options.
- GoTransit – GO Transit is the regional public transit service for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
- Private Taxi Companies
- TransHelp – Region of Peel’s accessible transportation service for residents with disabilities.
- Private Transportation for Seniors – Many home care agencies provide transportation for all kinds of needs, including single events or on a regular schedule.
- Ride Connect Transportation – Provides transportation to and from Etobicoke, Brampton, Malton, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and Woodbridge areas.
- Canadian Red Cross Transportation Services – Provides transportation services for those in need who are unable to use public transportation or private means.
Your Mississauga Lifestyle55+ Affiliate
If you or someone you love needs the expertise of a compassionate and patient Lifestyle55+ Affiliate (formerly Accredited Senior Agent - ASA) in Mississauga, please feel free to contact me, Deborah Clerk, at Keller Williams Realty, Brokerage, for more information.