Transportation Services for Seniors in Mississauga
Thursday Oct 07th, 2021Share
As we age, factors, such as decreased vision, impaired hearing, slower motor reflexes, and health conditions, can cause seniors to have to hang up their keys for good. When living in a retirement community, many residences offer their own internal transportation system or have volunteers who are available to drive residents to appointments and outside activities. But, for independent seniors who still live at home and want to travel around Mississauga on their own, there are many transportation options available.
Mississauga Transportation Services for Seniors
- MiWay (Mississauga Transit) – MiWay offers seniors accessible public transportation along regularly scheduled routes with various fare options.
- GoTransit – GO Transit is the regional public transit service for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
- Private Taxi Companies
- TransHelp – Region of Peel’s accessible transportation service for residents with disabilities.
- Trans Care – Low-cost and senior-friendly transportation and escort services to medical appointments, other therapeutic programs and grocery shopping.
- Private Transportation for Seniors – Many home care agencies provide transportation for all kinds of needs, including single events or on a regular schedule.
- Ride Connect Transportation – Provides transportation to and from Etobicoke, Brampton, Malton, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and Woodbridge areas.
- Canadian Red Cross Transportation Services – Provides transportation services for those in need who are unable to use public transportation or private means.
Your Mississauga Accredited Senior Agent (ASA)
If you or someone you love needs the expertise of a compassionate and patient Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) in Mississauga, please feel free to contact me, Deborah Clerk, at Keller Williams Real Estate Associates, Brokerage for more information.